All of a sudden, as I rose above the ground on a flight that led me higher and higher towards the sky, I felt free and yet a pain subsided that feeling.
I looked back at my body that laid still at peace with my wife crying her heart out by the side and the irony of life hit me hard bursting through my soul. All my life had been anything but a harmony; not even a single day I had tried to live for myself or for my family or for the sake of just enjoying the life.
I had always been a busy person who was all interested in the monetary gains and climbing up the ladder of success without any satisfaction; a hunger for more always pertaining and the realization hit me now when I had taken my final breath.
It had just been a month of our marriage and I knew we were not a happy couple because of my busy schedule and cruel temperament but she still loved me which was evident as I heard her aching heart making me hate myself and all I could wish was that she finds a better man that she deserves.
I looked back at my body that laid still at peace with my wife crying her heart out by the side and the irony of life hit me hard bursting through my soul. All my life had been anything but a harmony; not even a single day I had tried to live for myself or for my family or for the sake of just enjoying the life.
I had always been a busy person who was all interested in the monetary gains and climbing up the ladder of success without any satisfaction; a hunger for more always pertaining and the realization hit me now when I had taken my final breath.
It had just been a month of our marriage and I knew we were not a happy couple because of my busy schedule and cruel temperament but she still loved me which was evident as I heard her aching heart making me hate myself and all I could wish was that she finds a better man that she deserves.
This post has been written for Lillie McFerrin Writes - Five Sentence Fiction.
This week's word: Flight.Sign up here with your email

18 comments
Write commentsVery well written. Perhaps it is troublesome for a soul to fly free if it has not conducted its life well.
Replyhttp://mythosobsessed.blogspot.com/2014/11/blame-it-on-hephaestus.html
Very nice Anmol. This is one flight no one wants to take but no one can help it too.
ReplyThe heart knows best.
ReplyI wonder what my final thought will be. I try to live a good life, serving others as much as myself. But, I'm human enough to admit the mistakes I've made. Good piece. It made me think.
Replywell written, a late realization
ReplyLet Them Be Children
Your story is great,
Replytrue...life becomes useless without love and we realize it only when we are about to die (in this case the protagonist has already died)
Replyquite daring
ReplyThank you Cara :) Yeah it is :)
ReplyTrue Tina! Thank you :)
ReplyYeah :)
ReplyThat's the best one can do. You are doing it the right way. Everybody makes mistakes. But are you willing to cure them or you are keen on making some more? That's the question.
ReplyThank you Francene :)
Yeah if only he would have realized while he was still living! Thank you :)
ReplyThank you Ranu :)
ReplyAgreed. Wonder why people don't react and act in time. If only they could, life would be much colorful and beautiful.
ReplyThank you :)
ReplyRealization on last flight, what else one can do, but only pray.Nice story :)
ReplyThank you :)
ReplyShower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon