A waterfall on the backdrop and the moonlight glimmering on the grass, I was standing on bed of rose petals while he sat on a knee in front of me holding the ring out for me.
We had known each other for five years now and there was not a single thing I had hated about him but this was unexpected, unbelievable and magical. I had never thought I would fall in love again but then, love embraces you when you’re expecting it the least and I fell in love at that very moment.
“Yes,” I said and noticed his face lit up with an ear to ear smile as he slid the ring on my finger; his eyes speaking for the endless love he had for me. He held me close in his arms and told me he had loved me from the moment he had seen me and yet waited for me to recover from my past while I simply closed my eyes realizing that this was the true love I had always been looking for.
This post has been written for Lillie McFerrin Writes - Five Sentence Fiction.
This week's word: Glimmer.Sign up here with your email

12 comments
Write commentsWonderful Anmol.
ReplyNice & romantic with a sweet happy ending!
Thank you Anita :)
ReplyFor a change right? ;)
The whole story, backstory included, is contained in these few sentences. Very well done.
ReplyWow! How lovely! But, knowing your penchant for shocking people by the climax, I kept hoping nothing came in the way of these two lovers! :-)
ReplySweet post! I love that it made me stop and think back to that sweet day in my own life :)
ReplyTrue love triumphs .
ReplyWell Written Anmol, as usual.
ReplyThank you Francene :)
ReplySo I surprised you then! Right? ;)
ReplyThank you for your lovely comment :)
That's great Kristen. I am glad I could do that with my words :) Thank you.
ReplyAbsolutely :)
ReplyThank you :)
ReplyShower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon