At the stroke of midnight
I hear her sobbing
Bewilderment comes first and then I realize
Before sleeping we just had a fight
Too stubborn to react
I try to close my eyes
The memories from the past haunts first and then I realize
Even though we have problems, the love is intact
I remember the old days
Quarrels were there but ego was nowhere
Guilt comes first and then I realize
I have not been able to express my love anyways
I sit up on the bed
Move myself to embrace her and never let go
Shock comes first and then I realize
My body lies there lifeless and her eyes are swollen red
I scream but she can’t hear
I want to hug her and kiss her but I can’t
Compunction comes first and then I realize
This pain is endless even though my soul can’t bear…
I hear her sobbing
Bewilderment comes first and then I realize
Before sleeping we just had a fight
Too stubborn to react
I try to close my eyes
The memories from the past haunts first and then I realize
Even though we have problems, the love is intact
I remember the old days
Quarrels were there but ego was nowhere
Guilt comes first and then I realize
I have not been able to express my love anyways
I sit up on the bed
Move myself to embrace her and never let go
Shock comes first and then I realize
My body lies there lifeless and her eyes are swollen red
I scream but she can’t hear
I want to hug her and kiss her but I can’t
Compunction comes first and then I realize
This pain is endless even though my soul can’t bear…
This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda
Insight:
The post was meant to be a creative one beginning with the line 'At the Stroke of Midnight'. I am pleased that it was selected among the best ones on BlogAdda (for the first time in two tries). I have heard from many friends that it was not rhyming but I would like to say that the rhyme scheme here is ABBA i.e. the last letter of first and fourth line rhyme.
Insight:
The post was meant to be a creative one beginning with the line 'At the Stroke of Midnight'. I am pleased that it was selected among the best ones on BlogAdda (for the first time in two tries). I have heard from many friends that it was not rhyming but I would like to say that the rhyme scheme here is ABBA i.e. the last letter of first and fourth line rhyme.
Sign up here with your email


Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon