I still remember the day we met,
Two different persons with the same mind set;
Although I knew you since the high school,
But never trying to know you in the first place makes me a fool;
Interacting for the first time was just like talking to a fresher,
Believe me I never knew someday you'll become so special...
I still remember our first interaction that started with hi,
And it took no longer to bid goodbye;
Never thought that I'll go well with you,
But contradicting the statement soon it became true;
As the time flew by,
Our conversations became somewhat more than the usual hi;
And as it takes some time for a bird to learn how to fly,
Soon I started hating the frequently earlier-used bye...
I still remember when I started sharing things with you,
And soon the barrier of being strangers between us blew;
Found a true friend in you as passed the time,
And began sharing those secrets with you which earlier were just mine;
Liked to discuss things and know your view,
And trust me asking a girl for her no. for me was very new...
I still remember how your happiness became a reason for my smile,
And the first time when your sadness made my eyes wet for a while;
Don't know how you became my closest friend ever,
Leading my life further without you is the thing I'll think of never...
People say, to find a true friend you must have done a good deed,
I believe to find you I have done many indeed;
Now I feel acquainting you was my worth most try,
Losing your friendship is something which can happen only if I die...
Two different persons with the same mind set;
Although I knew you since the high school,
But never trying to know you in the first place makes me a fool;
Interacting for the first time was just like talking to a fresher,
Believe me I never knew someday you'll become so special...
I still remember our first interaction that started with hi,
And it took no longer to bid goodbye;
Never thought that I'll go well with you,
But contradicting the statement soon it became true;
As the time flew by,
Our conversations became somewhat more than the usual hi;
And as it takes some time for a bird to learn how to fly,
Soon I started hating the frequently earlier-used bye...
I still remember when I started sharing things with you,
And soon the barrier of being strangers between us blew;
Found a true friend in you as passed the time,
And began sharing those secrets with you which earlier were just mine;
Liked to discuss things and know your view,
And trust me asking a girl for her no. for me was very new...
I still remember how your happiness became a reason for my smile,
And the first time when your sadness made my eyes wet for a while;
Don't know how you became my closest friend ever,
Leading my life further without you is the thing I'll think of never...
People say, to find a true friend you must have done a good deed,
I believe to find you I have done many indeed;
Now I feel acquainting you was my worth most try,
Losing your friendship is something which can happen only if I die...
PS: I originally wrote it some three years ago. While managing my files today, I found it in a folder and thought to share. I wrote it for a friend who has continued to share her valued presence in my life all these years and keeps on pushing me to take my writing seriously. So it's a memento for those old days, for her, for us and to my beginning as a noob writer/poet.
Also linking the post with The Ultimate Blog Challenge.
Sign up here with your email

25 comments
Write commentsThis is so beautiful. I love your writing style; it's really smooth and flowing!
ReplyI write poetry too! :)
Hi. I've come here through Ultimate Blog Challenge.
ReplyThis poem of yours is beautiful, and it reminds me of someone special to me.
This a very sweet poem and innocence reflects clearly!
ReplyAhaa.. the muse and the beginning :D
ReplyThough, um.. I won't say I liked it much...in many places I didn't find the rhythm of a poetry. I know it's your first and I haven't read your recent ones...however, having read your last fiction which was excellent and promised your creative skills, I am commenting on this one...sorry for being blunt here...don't mind...just an opinion.
Naive`, innocent and sweet :) That's why so beautiful Anmol :)
Replywow.... That was beautiful..... Thanks for sharing Anmol
ReplyThank you Sophie :) Oh that's so sweet of you :)
ReplyThat's good, next time do drop a link for the same, would love to read :)
Thank you Romi :)
ReplyI'm glad it does.
Thank you Ankita :)
ReplyThank you so much :)
ReplyYou said it yourself :) It was one of the first ones and I pretty much suck at poetry even now :p
ReplyI don't mind at all :) Instead it's a good thing for me, please continue being blunt in future too ;) Somehow, that is the only way anybody can improve :D
It's just close to my heart and that is the reason I decided to post it :)
Sweet words :) Thank you so much!
ReplyThank you for the lovely words Amita. :)
ReplySo sweet!!! I liked the way words flowing naturally over here. :)
ReplyOwn story for everyone, U always write crystal truth. (y)
ReplyAnything that is close to heart tops every list, so it's special, and knowing that I had tough time to write the above comment. :)
ReplyOh this was mind blowing. Can say, that it came straight from the heart.
ReplyMagical words weaved Anmol and I mind blowing, indeed. It's always awesome to go through old poems and it's a gem:)
Replyhttp://vishal-newkidontheblock.blogspot.com/2014/07/an-orkut-love-story-chapter-15.html
Beautiful ode to that something more than a friendship. :-)
ReplyYeah true :) And I did not mind at all so you can relax :p
ReplyThank you Namrata :)
ReplyThank you sir :)
ReplyThank you Soumya :)
ReplyYeah it did :)
Thank you for your lovely words buddy :)
ReplyAh I liked the way you noticed something more than it :p
ReplyThank you :)
Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon