I overheard my neighbor last night. “She’s a cheap lousy girl,” he said to his wife while our paths crossed.
He had caught me red handed with a guy who was smoking a cigarette. Well, the mere mention of the word ‘red-handed’ makes me laugh. However, I suppose that is what pissed him off because he never looked straight at my face after that.
But that was fine. What he said was not! Still, I decided to stay quiet. What is the use of trying to make such people understand anything? I wonder if he would have been so judgmental if it was his son with that guy.
It was not even me holding a cigarette, can you imagine if I was actually holding one?
He had caught me red handed with a guy who was smoking a cigarette. Well, the mere mention of the word ‘red-handed’ makes me laugh. However, I suppose that is what pissed him off because he never looked straight at my face after that.
But that was fine. What he said was not! Still, I decided to stay quiet. What is the use of trying to make such people understand anything? I wonder if he would have been so judgmental if it was his son with that guy.
It was not even me holding a cigarette, can you imagine if I was actually holding one?
Linking this post with A to Z Challenge.
Sign up here with your email

16 comments
Write commentsThese are typical stereotypes... They just know to draw conclusions.
Replyjudging others comes easily to us
ReplyHappy to discover your blog. And loved your theme. Great write up. As I detest judgmental persons myself! Good luck on AtoZ - from a fellow blogger:-)
ReplyBeen there, faced that!
ReplyCannot stop people from judging.
Nice one anmol. Enjoying the series :)
ReplyYeah.. you can never stop people from judging you. I just hate these type of people
ReplyWhat!!! I've seen way too many judgmental types myself, but calling you that just because you were standing with a guy - yeesh! Next time you see him, why don't you hold a cigarette in your own hand and say, "Hello, uncle!" :P
ReplyYou choose great topics for your posts, and I enjoy your photographs too. Keep up the good work!
ReplyAnd we really need to get rid of such mentalities.!
ReplyIt does! Because we are hypocrites.
ReplyThank you Eli :)
ReplyGlad you liked the post.
But cans top yourself from being bothered right? :)
ReplyThank you Garima :)
ReplyGlad you're liking it.
Everybody does and yet they never cease to exist :/
ReplyIt's kind of funny and hey it's not my personal story :D Just a fiction based on real events that happened with someone in my circle.
ReplyI would suggest her that for sure :D
Thank you Lee :)
ReplyI'm glad I am able to gain some attention and appreciation.
Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon