Another book fair and I just could not resist going there even though I have so many books to read already. What else can you expect from a bibliophile? You can get a fair idea if I tell you that I did not have my lunch that day I was too busy searching through the books. To top that I did not even have a single drop of water. The feet were aching while returning home and then was the time I felt super thirsty and super hungry for the first time that day.
Of course I did not buy loads of books. I’m sort of a person whom you can leave at a big library and I will be happy to spend my entire day just going through all the titles and reading the blurbs on the back of the covers.
Well here are the six books that I bought today:
- The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult
- A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
- Kill Alex Cross by James Patterson
- Swimsuit by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro
- The Gift by Cecelia Ahern
- A Place Called Here by Cecilia Ahern
Also, I involuntarily passed through the raj comics stall and it just made me nostalgic. There was a time when my home was filled with raj comics - Nagraj and Super Commando Dhruva were my favorite comic characters. What I won’t give to go back in those days.
Overall, I spent some awesome time. But my friend who accompanied me to the book fair (and who is not a reader) will have a different say at that.
Tagging this post with my 100 Happy Days Challenge.
Sign up here with your email



6 comments
Write commentsLooks like u had a good time.. Enjoy buddy...
ReplyYour blog brought up so many memories. Oh, there is so much I could say about the Kolkata Book Fair. That will be a blog I'll write some day. What I will say now is I loved it! I was alone for the day at a friend's house and I wrote down Kolkata Book Fair on a piece of paper. I walked to a section of town where the taxis were. I showed the paper to the taxi driver. He said no, so I walked to another taxi and he nodded yes!
ReplyI had passed the Kolkata Book Fair when we had been driving a few days before and was so excited to go. The first building I visited was the American Booksellers. Being American, this gave me grounding.
Then, I found an Indian publisher booth. The publisher was not there so I took his card. I visited him later in Kolkata, wanting to get my book published in India. After talking with him, he told me to publish on Amazon in India. Well, my book is a #1 Best-seller on Amazon in the US and UK and since then Amazon added my book to Amazon in India as well! I am so happy. I love books, love India and loved the Kolkata Book Fair.
Who wouldn't jump at the chance to go to a book fair. I guess you should wear comfortable shoes and take your own water though. I'm pleased to see you bought quite a few books.
ReplyYeah. Thank you :)
ReplyOh that was good to read about. Thank you for sharing your experience here on my blog.
ReplyPS: You might have also dropped in the name of your book ;)
Yeah probably sports shoes instead of sneakers. Thank you Francene :)
ReplyShower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon