They don’t understand how I feel and yet I think that they might be right in their shoes. But should they not think it through my heart and through my emotions.
I trace the bulge of my belly with my fingers affectionately while wincing at the mere thought of it. I did not deserve this but the bastard abandoned me the moment he knew I was pregnant.
They want me to abort this child but how can I punish my baby for something he is not responsible for?
I trace the bulge of my belly with my fingers affectionately while wincing at the mere thought of it. I did not deserve this but the bastard abandoned me the moment he knew I was pregnant.
They want me to abort this child but how can I punish my baby for something he is not responsible for?
This post has been written for Lillie McFerrin Writes - Five Sentence Fiction.
This week's word: Conflict.
Sign up here with your email

16 comments
Write commentsThat was so good, Anmol! :)
ReplyShe doesn't have to. If only people (society) who endlessly keep talking about love knew what it means. Good one!
ReplySucky conflict
Replyalways a tough decision as a mother
ReplyDilemma
Thank you Shilpa :)
ReplyYeah it is her choice at the end of the day :)
ReplyTrue. No one should have to go through it :)
ReplyYes definitely !
ReplyGood one Anmol!
ReplyTruly the worst kind of conflict to be in :( Well rendered.
Replyvery well written post
ReplyWoohoo, and a guy wrote this? :D
ReplyThank you Vinitha :)
ReplyAgree with you Sailaja. I can only try to feel it and I'm glad if I have rendered it well :)
ReplyThank you Tina :)
ReplyLike I said Soumya, I can just try to feel those emotions but can never come close to the conflict and pain that a girl may come across during such a situation :)
ReplyShower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon